Dr Julia Reid MEP has visited Royal Mail’s Chippenham Delivery Office to pass on Christmas wishes and encouragement to postmen and women at their busiest time of year.
Dr Reid was shown around the office by Delivery Office Manager, Mark Thomas, and was introduced to the postmen and women who are working hard sorting and delivering mail in the Chippenham area during the festive season.
Dr Reid, said: “There is a huge amount of effort and dedication that goes into delivering a first class Christmas at Royal Mail’s busiest time of year. It was great to meet the team here at Chippenham.
“Our postal workers do such an important job at this time of year and I would like to thank them for their efforts and wish them all the best over the busy festive period.”
Mark Thomas, Royal Mail Delivery Office Manager at Chippenham, commented: “Our postmen and women are working extremely hard to deliver Christmas cards, letters and parcels to people across Chippenham. We are grateful that Julia visited the office to see our operation and to support the team.
“We’d like to remind our customers to post early so that friends and family have longer to enjoy their Christmas greetings. We would also like to ask everyone to please always use the postcode as this helps us greatly in the job that we do at this busy time.”
The last recommend posting dates for Christmas are:
Second Class – Saturday 19 December 2015
First Class – Monday 21 December 2015
Special Delivery – Wednesday 23 December 2015
Customers can also help Royal Mail ensure that all their letters, cards and parcels are delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible by taking a few easy steps:
- Post early – Avoid disappointment by posting your cards and parcels early.
- Use a postcode – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, and return address on the back of the envelope, will ensure quick and efficient delivery.
- Use Special Delivery – For valuable and important packages and parcels guarantee delivery with Royal Mail’s Special Delivery, which means your gift is tracked, traced and insured against loss.
- Wrap parcels well and always give a return address
- For more information about Royal Mail’s last recommended posting dates, please visit: www.royalmail.com/greetings